Springtime Sunny-Side Up Spinach Salad
This fresh spinach salad doubles as a main with the addition of asparagus, mushrooms, and eggs.
- ¼ cup and 3 tablespoons F. Oliver’s Garden Fresh Gremolata EVOO
- ¼ cup F. Oliver’s Lemon Bouquet Balsamic
- 1 teaspoon F. Oliver’s City Style Herbs
- 3 cups asparagus trimmed and chopped
- 4 cups mushrooms sliced
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup pea shoots roughly chopped
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
Combine ¼ cup each EVOO, balsamic, and City Style Herbs. Whisk to emulsify. Set aside.
Heat saute pan and 1½ tablespoons EVOO on medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until browned. Add asparagus, season with salt and pepper, and cook until vibrant green and tender crisp.
Transfer vegetables to a bowl and return saute pan to burner. Add 1½ tablespoons EVOO and crack eggs into the pan. Reduce heat to medium and cook eggs until whites are opaque and firm.
While eggs are cooking, place spinach in a large bowl and toss with vinaigrette.
Divide spinach into two salad bowls and layer asparagus and mushroom mixture, pea shoots, and eggs. Finish with salt and pepper and serve.