This combination of cherry and chipotle barbeque gives these burgers a smoky, sweet, flavor with a hint of garlic - a perfect blend of BBQ flavors.
- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey; at least an 85/15 ratio, leaner ratios end up being dry
- 3 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup diced onions
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons F. Oliver’s Sweet Rich Cherry Balsamic
- 1 tablespoon Chipotle BBQ seasoning
- 4 - 6 hamburger buns
- 2 - 3 F. Oliver’s Smoky Chipotle EVOO, divided
Add all of the ingredients except EVOO and buns into a large mixing bowl and mix by hand until just combined, mix as little as possible to keep burgers moist
Form 4 - 6 patties into evenly shaped rounds, slightly larger than the bun you plan to use to allow for shrinkage during cooking. Make a slight indentation in the center of each patty.
Prepare the grill or griddle and preheat to medium heat. Brush patties with EVOO.
Grill for 6 - 8 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165 F.
While patties are cooking brush the interior of the buns with the remainder of the EVOO. Grill until slightly toasted.
Use the same recipe to create completely different flavor profiles with these combinations:
- Flavors of sweet maple and apple, with just a little garlic. Pair this with sharp cheddar cheese for a journey into the northern mountains by using F. Oliver’s Orchard Red Ripe Apple, F. Oliver’s Heady Garlic EVOO, and Gateway to the North Maple Garlic Seasoning.
- Take a quick weeknight trip to Italy with this tried and true combination by using Felix Oliver’s Special Reserve Balsamic, F. Oliver’s Tuscan Garden EVOO, and Tuscan Olive Oil Seasoning.
- A perfect combination for your next Taco Tuesday with F. Oliver’s Aromatic Oregano Balsamic, F. Oliver’s Heady Garlic EVOO, and taco seasoning.