Spiced Pickled Green Beans
These easy to make, spicy pickles are great as a garnish, in salads, and on sandwiches.
- 1 cup F. Oliver’s Sunny Pineapple Balsamic
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup F. Oliver’s Tunisian Harissa EVOO
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup salt
- 2 tablespoons F. Oliver’s Baharat Spice Blend
- 2 ½ pounds fresh green beans
- Clean and sterilize 6 ½ pint Mason jars with rings and lids. Divide green beans among the jars.
- In a large saucepan, mix together Sunny Pineapple Balsamic and white wine vinegar, Tunisian Harissa EVOO, water, salt, and Baharat Spice Blend. Bring to a boil and ladle (carefully!) over green beans.
- Seal jars with lids and rings, place in a hot water bath and simmer, do not boil, for ten minutes. Cool to room temperature. Test for a good seal by pressing on the center of the lid - the lid should not move.
- Let pickles ferment for 24 hours. Enjoy in a Bloody Mary, on salads and sandwiches, or as a garnish.