Spaghetti Squash with Vegan Pesto, Mushrooms and Sun-dried Tomatoes
This vegan, low carb, high flavor treat is easy to make and even easier to eat.Print Pin Rate
- 1 3 pound spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 1 teaspoon Little Italy Spice Blend
- 4 tablespoons F. Oliver’s Single Varietal EVOO, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup packed fresh basil
- ⅓ cup unsalted raw cashews
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place squash halves, cut side down, on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until tender, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of EVOO. Add mushrooms, tomatoes, ¼ teaspoon salt, and spice blend. Cook, stirring until the mushrooms are soft and starting to brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat.
- For the pesto: combine basil, the remaining 3 tablespoons oil, garlic, cashews, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper in a food processor. Process until mostly smooth.
- Use a fork to scrape the squash flesh from the shells into a colander. Press lightly on the flesh to remove some of the liquid. Divide the squash among four plates. Top each serving with mushroom mixture and a dollop of basil pesto.