During flu season (or anytime really) it's good to be reminded of simple ways to stay healthy. Proper hand washing, cough covering, and healthy eating are a sure way to avoid getting the flu. During this time of the year, the best recipes warm you up and are packed full of fresh vegetables.Print Rate
- 2 tablespoons F. Oliver’s Single Varietal EVOO
- 2 cups chopped onions or thinly sliced leeks, whites only
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 2 cups of carrots, chopped
- 2 cups green beans, cut on a bias
- 2 cups potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced
- 2 teaspoons F. Oliver's Italian Herbs
- 8 cups reduced-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic
- coarse salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Heat EVOO in a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Add onions or leeks, carrots, celery, green beans, potatoes, zucchini, garlic, and Italian seasoning; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until onions are translucent, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes and their juice, tomato paste, bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook, uncovered 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Extra’s - Add an array of beans, shortcut pasta, or shredded chicken to the pot to change to soup completely! Finish with a drizzle of your favorite F. Oliver’s EVOO and stay healthy!