Ginger Strawberries with Lemon Basil Cake
This light lemon basil cake makes a perfect base for the slightly spicy sweet ginger strawberries.Print Pin Rate
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- ~ ¼ cup F. Oliver’s Fresh Bright Basil EVOO
- ~ ¼ cup healthy neutral vegetable oil
- ½ cup F. Oliver’s Honeyed Ginger Balsamic
- 2 cups ripe strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Prepare the lemon cake according to package instructions, substituting half the oil with F. Oliver’s Fresh Bright Basil EVOO (using healthy oil for the other half). Bake in a 13 x 9 pan.
- Add ½ cup F. Oliver’s Honeyed Ginger Balsamic to a sauce pan and cook on medium low to reduce the balsamic by half. Add the strawberries, sugar, and salt and increase the heat to medium high and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low for 5 minutes, or until thickened. Cool.
- Slice the cake and serve with the gingered strawberries.
To increase the amount of strawberry topping, just increase the last four ingredients.
Leave A Comment