Fresh Bright Basil Lemon Cake with Farmstand Strawberry Mascarpone Mousse
Elevate a simple cake mix to sublime levels with the addition of basil and strawberry.Print Pin Rate
- 1 boxed lemon cake mix
- F. Oliver's Fresh Bright Basil EVOO
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese or whipped cream cheese
- 1 ½ tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
- 4 ounces heavy cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 2 tablespoons F. Oliver’s Farmstand Strawberry Balsamic
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons F. Oliver’s Sweet Spiced Sugar
Fresh Bright Basil Lemon Cake
- Make a boxed lemon cake mix, substituting 1/2 of the oil called for with F. Oliver’s Fresh Bright Basil EVOO.
Strawberry Mascarpone Mousse
- In a medium bowl, mix mascarpone cheese and confectioner’s sugar until combined. Gently add the Farmstand Strawberry Balsamic and stir until fully incorporated.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Place a slice of cake on a plate, top with a dollop of mascarpone mousse and ¼ cup strawberries. Sprinkle with Sweet Spiced Sugar and serve.