Fresh Bright Basil Lemon Cake with Farmstand Strawberry Mascarpone Mousse
Elevate a simple cake mix to sublime levels with the addition of basil and strawberry.
- 1 boxed lemon cake mix
- F. Oliver's Fresh Bright Basil EVOO
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese or whipped cream cheese
- 1 ½ tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
- 4 ounces heavy cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 2 tablespoons F. Oliver’s Farmstand Strawberry Balsamic
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons F. Oliver’s Sweet Spiced Sugar
Fresh Bright Basil Lemon Cake
Strawberry Mascarpone Mousse
In a medium bowl, mix mascarpone cheese and confectioner’s sugar until combined. Gently add the Farmstand Strawberry Balsamic and stir until fully incorporated.
Fold in the whipped cream.