Five Spice Quinoa with Edamame
This flavorful grain salad is rich in pan-Asian flavors and healthy vegetable protein. Serve as a side or add additional protein to make it a main.
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 ½ tablespoons F. Oliver’s Ginger Spiked Blackberry Balsamic
- 1 teaspoon F. Oliver’s Roasted Dark Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoons F. Oliver's Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- ½ teaspoon F. Oliver’s Chinese Five Spice Powder
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup almonds, sliced
- ½ cup frozen edamame cooked to package directions
- pinch of salt
Heat avocado oil in a medium saucepan. Add scallions, ginger and five spice powder and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add the quinoa and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
Add vegetable broth, balsamic, salt, and sesame oil and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
Remove from heat and let stand covered for 10 minutes or until all of the liquid is absorbed.
Stir in almonds and edamame. You can serve immediately or chill overnight.