Chickpea Spinach Stew
This savory stew hits all the right notes, warm, slightly spicy, filling, and vegan.
- 4 tablespoons F. Oliver’s Heady Garlic EVOO divided
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 5 cups veggie stock
- 2 large potatoes peeled and chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 10 ounce bag spinach washed and chopped
- salt and pepper
- cayenne pepper for garnish
Heat 2 tablespoons F. Oliver's Heady Garlic EVOO in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Add the onion and cook until they begin to brown.
Stir in the cumin, coriander, veggie stock, and potatoes. Bring to a low boil for about 10 minutes. Add in the chickpeas and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 5 minutes.
Blend together cornstarch and tahini and add to the pot. Stir in spinach and cook until limp, add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve in soup bowls, finishing each serving with a drizzle of Heady Garlic EVOO and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper, if desired.