Cherry Lemon Quinoa Salad
This lovely grain salad is sweet and tart and makes a great side or a base for a grain bowl.Print Pin Rate
- 1 tablespoon F. Oliver’s Fresh Pressed Meyer Lemon EVOO
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons F. Oliver’s Phoenix Street Seasoning
- ¼ cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- crumbled blue cheese
- F. Oliver’s Sweet Rich Cherry Balsamic
- In a small pot, sauté onions in Meyer Lemon EVOO until translucent. Stir in the garlic and the Phoenix Street Seasoning, cooking until garlic is fragrant. Add cherries, quinoa, and water and turn the heat to high.
- Cover the pot and bring to a boil, reduce to medium, and simmer for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Taste and season with salt and pepper accordingly.
- Chill the salad thoroughly. Garnish with blue cheese, almonds, and a drizzle of Sweet Rich Cherry Balsamic to serve.