Butternut Squash Soup
This gentle, warming squash soup makes an elegant starter for entertaining or a hearty main with salad and bread.Print Pin Rate
- 1 2 to 3 pound butternut squash, peeled and seeded
- 2 Tablespoons F. Oliver’s Petit Beurre EVOO
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- F. Oliver’s Autumn Cinnamon Pear Balsamic to finish
- Cut squash into 1-inch chunks.
- In large pot over medium-high heat, add F. Oliver’s Petit Beurre EVOO. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add squash and stock and bring to a simmer; cook until the squash is tender when pierced with the tip of a knife.
- Remove squash chunks with a slotted spoon and place in a blender or food processor. Puree (thinning with stock from the pot as needed). Return the puree to the pot and stir well to combine the stock and puree. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in individual bowls with a drizzle of F. Oliver’s Autumn Cinnamon Pear Balsamic.
For a deeper flavor, roast your squash instead of placing them in the stock before pureeing.
Leave A Comment