Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Harissa Bisque
This rich, slightly hot soup gets its creaminess from coconut milk and its heat from our Tunisian Harrisa EVOO. It's super easy to make and so satisfying to eat.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 2 entree portions
- 1 12 ounce jar roasted red peppers, sliced
- 1½ tablespoons F. Oliver’s Tunisian Harissa EVOO
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 1 15 ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons tapioca or potato starch
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- Heat 1 tablespoon f. Oliver's Tunisian Harissa EVOO in a 3-4 quart stockpot over medium heat.
- Add garlic and shallots and sauté until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, starch, broth, mustard, and ginger to the pot. Lightly simmer and stir for 5 minutes to combine.
- Place roasted red pepper and contents of the pot in a blender and blend until creamy. (if using an immersion blender, add peppers to pot and blend).
- Add soup back to the stockpot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and a drizzle of Tunisian Harissa EVOO to taste and serve.
Leave A Comment