Fresh Bright Basil Lemon Cake with Farmstand Strawberry Mascarpone Mousse
- Fresh Bright Basil Lemon Cake*
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese (or whipped cream cheese)
- 1 ½ Tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
- 4 ounces heavy cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 2 Tablespoons F. Oliver’s Farmstand Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1-2 Tablespoons F. Oliver’s Sweet Spiced Sugar
- In a medium bowl, mix mascarpone cheese and confectioner’s sugar until combined,
- Gently mix in Farmstand Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar until well incorporated.
- Fold in whipped cream
- To serve:
- Place a slice of cake on the plate, top with a dollop of mascarpone mousse and ¼ cup strawberries. Sprinkle with Sweet Spiced Sugar, and enjoy!
- Alternately, slice cake into thirds and layer with mascarpone mix and strawberries, and sprinkle with Sweet Spiced Sugar.
*Substitute ½ of the oil called for in a boxed lemon cake with F. Oliver’s Fresh Bright Basil EVOO