Here’s a tasty way to spice up your brussels sprouts this weekend. If they’re a little liquid-y, don’t worry – it will create a wonderful glaze in the oven!
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts
- 1 Tablespoon natural peanut butter
- ½ Tablespoon F. Oliver’s Finger Lakes Fabulous Squash Seed Oil
- 1 ½ Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon F. Oliver’s Tunisian Harissa EVOO
- ½ Tablespoon honey
- Garnish with crushed peanuts and green onions.
- Rinse brussels sprouts. In a medium pot fitted with a steamer insert, add about 1″ of water. Pour brussels sprouts into the basket. Cover and turn to medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes, no more. Preheat oven to 450°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, make sauce. In a bowl, combine peanut butter, Squash Seed Oil, soy sauce, Tunisian Harissa EVOO, and honey. Whisk until well combined. Once sprouts have cooked for 10 minutes, drain and return to pot. Pour 3/4 of the sauce over the sprouts. Reserve leftover sauce for later. Stir to evenly coat. Pour onto lined baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes. Stir and bake for 5 minutes more or until crispy and slightly charred.
- Remove from oven. Stir remaining sauce over. Add to a serving dish. Garnish with peanuts and green onions. Serve warm.