Spice Blend Blowout Recipes
You’ve got your new spice blends, now what? There are so many great ways to use them and we’ve captured a few of them here.
Here are some fun and easy ways to use your F. Oliver’s Adirondack Maple Seasoning:
- Add four tablespoons F. Oliver’s Adirondack Maple Seasoning to eight ounces tomato sauce and one pound of ground beef for great sloppy joes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange 1 lb. of bacon on a large broiler pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn the bacon and sprinkle generously with the F. Oliver’s Adirondack Maple Seasoning and bake for an additional 15-20 mins. Remove from oven and drain on paper towels.
- A great popcorn combination is to drizzle on F. Oliver’s Petit Beurre EVOO and sprinkle with Adirondack Maple Seasoning. The sweetness of the maple sugar, bite of the garlic and green onions, and the creaminess of the Petit Beurre pair beautifully with the crunch of the popcorn.
- One of our summer staples is fire grilled sweet corn! Brush is with our Smoky Chipotle EVOO and top with Adirondack Maple Seasoning for a sweet and spicy salute to summer.
Great ways to use F. Oliver’s Empire Butcher’s Rub:
- Use as a rub on any kind of meat – pat meat dry and thoroughly coat with F. Oliver’s Empire Butcher’s Rub. Brush off any surplus before grilling or roasting.
- For great pickled vegetables toss together 1 1/2 cup diced kohlrabi (or try turnips or beets), 1/2 medium minced white onion, 1 clove minced garlic and pack them tightly into a clean, one pint canning jar. In a small saucepan, bring 1/2 cup F. Oliver’s Sweet Cherry Balsamic, 2 tablespoons F. Oliver’s Flake Salt, and 1 tablespoon F. Oliver’s Empire Butcher’s Rub spice blend to a boil until salt dissolves. Pour over vegetables in jar and seal tightly. Leave at room temperature for 30 minutes to overnight.
Great ways to use F. Oliver’s Firehouse Salt Blend:
- For a tangy and spicy take on corn on the cob, drizzle with F. Oliver’s Fresh Pressed Persian Lime EVOO and season with F. Oliver’s Firehouse Salt Blend.
- Use F. Oliver’s Firehouse Salt Blend as a great way to finish sweet potatoes – just sprinkle a little on before you serve.
- Grilling burgers? Here’s one of our favorite ways to prepare them: add F. Oliver’s Apricot Balsamic, F. Oliver’s Heady Garlic EVOO, and F. Oliver’s Firehouse Salt Blend to your beef, turkey, chicken, or veggie mixture. Serve with a green salad and fresh fruit.
Fun and easy ways to use F. Oliver’s Golden Lemon Garlic:
- Lemon Garlic Sautéed Carrots – Warm fresh chopped garlic and F. Oliver’s Garden Fresh Gremolata EVOO in a pan, when hot ,add chopped carrots and F. Oliver’s Golden Lemon Garlic spice blend. Cover and cook for ~15 minutes.
- Lemon Garlic Chicken marinade – mix one tablespoon F. Oliver’s Golden Lemon Garlic with 1/2 cup a mild F. Oliver’s single varietal EVOO and 1/2 cup F. Oliver’s Classic White Balsamic. Pour it over whole chicken, or four large chicken pieces, and marinate overnight before cooking.
- To use as a rub, just sprinkle 1 teaspoon per pound of meat (chicken or fish are best) before grilling.
Great ways to use F. Oliver’s Flower City Blend:
- Bloody Mary, Virgin Mary – they’re all great! To make the Mary of your choice, run a lime around the rim of the glass, then dip the glass into a plate of Flower City Blend and finally, sprinkle a generous amount into the drink.
- For a flavorful vinaigrette, combine 1/4 cup of Felix Oliver’s Special Reserve Balsamic and a teaspoon of F. Oliver’s Flower City Blend in a bowl. Slowly whisk in 1/2 cup of an F. Oliver’s Single Varietal EVOO. Enjoy on your favorite fresh salads!
Fun and easy ways to use F. Oliver’s Greektown Seasoning:
- For a quick and healthy weeknight meal – prep tonight, grill tomorrow, and have dinner on the table within 30 minutes! Marinate pork tenderloin (or boneless pork chops) in equal parts F. Oliver’s Ripe Fig Balsamic, F. Oliver’s Garden Fresh Gremolata EVOO, and a dash of F. Oliver’s Greektown Seasoning.
- For a Mediterranean treat, add a drizzle of F. Oliver’s Tuscan Garden EVOO and a dash of F. Oliver’s Greektown Seasoning to some popcorn.
- For a great fresh slaw that goes with any number of summer meals, combine the following ingredients in a large Mason jar; cover and shake well. Refrigerate 30 minutes to overnight.
- 1 cup thinly sliced cabbage - 1 cup chopped cilantro - 1/2 cup minced spring onions - 1 teaspoon F. Oliver's Greektown Seasoning - 2 tablespoons F. Oliver's Sunny Pineapple Balsamic - 2 tablespoons F. Oliver's Baklouti EVOO
- Looking for a satisfying, quick, healthy snack to bring to the beach? Puree 16 ounces white beans, 1/3 cup F. Oliver’s Fresh Bright Basil EVOO, and 1 tablespoon F. Oliver’s Greektown Seasoning. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with raw veggies, pita chips, or on a sandwich.
Some great ways to use F. Oliver’s Jamaican Jerk Seasoning:
- For authentic Jamaican Jerk Marinade, mix together
- 1/2 cup F. Oliver’s Jamaican Jerk Seasoning - 2 tablespoons F. Oliver’s Single Varietal EVOO - 2 tablespoons soy sauce - 1/4 cup vinegar (apple cider or white distilled work fine) - 1/4 cup fresh orange juice (1 large orange) - 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1 small lime)
Marinate chicken, pork, beef, hearty fish, or portobellos for 4 to 6 hours or overnight (shorter for fish) in ziplock bags, refrigerated. Grill as desired.
- To get great jerk flavor on any meat just sprinkle Jamaican Jerk spice blend on meat before and after grilling.
Great ways to use F. Oliver’s Italian Herbs:
- Mix 1 teaspoon of F. Oliver’s Italian Herbs blend into a cup of tomato sauce to make flavorful sauce for pizza, veal or eggplant Parmesan, spaghetti or other pasta.
- To improve the taste of a store-bought pizza, crush herbs between your palms and sprinkle over the top before baking.
- For a quick meal, top plain boiled pasta with a splash of any F. Oliver’s EVOO, a grind of fresh pepper, and a generous sprinkle of F. Oliver’s Italian Herbs.