I am always looking for easy, healthy weeknight meals. Here is one of our family favorites:
Sarah’s Easy Recipe for Beans and Greens
This might be the most forgiving recipe in the history of the world in that this dish will be delicious no matter what you do. It’s all about what tastes good to you.
- 2 Tablespoons Heady Garlic EVOO
- 1 7-ounce bag of Escarole (or more depending how greenie you want your beans and greens)
- 1 or 2 cans of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (I use two cans because I love beans)
Chicken broth (enough to cover)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- shredded Parmesan, to taste
- Coat saucepan with 1 Tablespoon of Heady Garlic EVOO. Over medium heat, wilt the greens a little at a time, stirring constantly.
- When all greens are wilted, add your beans, another tablespoon of Heady Garlic EVOO. Salt and pepper to taste. Blend well with wooden spoon.
- Cover with chicken broth and bring to boil for one minute. Turn to low, cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes until all flavors are blended.
- Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan and enjoy. It’s great with a hunk of good bread for dunking and cleaning up what’s left in the bowl!