Slow Cooker Beef with Onions
- 1 T EVOO
- 1 large yellow onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef rump roast
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c Balsamic Vinegar, or more to taste
- 3 T tomato paste
- 1/2 c water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Drizzle EVOO into the bottom of a slow cooker, and arrange half the onion slices over the EVOO. Lay the beef roast on top of the onion, and sprinkle the rest of the onion slices and the garlic around the roast.
- Sprinkle the Balsamic Vinegar, tomato paste, and the water around the roast. Cover the slow cooker, set to High and cook until the meat is tender, about 6 hours.
- Shred the meat into bite-size pieces with two forks, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with the juices from the slow cooker.
F. Oliver’s Oil and Vinegar recommendations:
- Sweet Rich Cherry Balsamic Vinegar and Heady Garlic EVOO
- Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar and Smoky Chipotle EVOO
- Raspberry Treat or Orchard Ripe Red Apple Balsamic Vinegar and Smoky Chipotle EVOO