Pork Medallions with Balsamic Vinegar and Capers
- 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. garlic salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 T EVOO 1/3 c Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 c chicken broth
- 2 tsp. minced lemon zest, or to taste
- 1 T capers, or to taste
- Place the flour, garlic salt, and pepper into a plastic bag. Shake to mix, then add the pork tenderloin pieces, and shake again to coat. Shake off the excess flour.
- Heat the EVOO in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the pork medallions in the hot oil until golden-brown on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Pour in the Balsamic Vinegar and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer until the pork is no longer pink in the center, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the pork to a serving platter, then stir the lemon zest and capers into the simmering sauce.
- Continue simmering until the sauce has thickened to your desired consistency.
F. Oliver’s Oil and Vinegar recommendations:
- Mediterranean Cassis Balsamic Vinegar and Herbes de Provence EVOO
- Fragrant Vanilla Bean Balsamic Vinegar and Fresh Pressed Blood Orange EVOO
- Autumn Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Vinegar and Fresh Pressed Blood Orange EVOO