Pear Clafoutis with Autumn Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Reduction
Healthy Recipe Contest Winner: Sue Michaels
- 4 pears, peeled and sliced into ¼ inch pieces
- 1/4 Cup F. Oliver’s Autumn Cinnamon Pear Balsamic reduction*
- 1/3 Cup sugar
Combine and let rest 1 hour.
Ingredients for Balsamic vinegar reduction:
- 1/2 Cup F. Oliver’s Autumn Cinnamon Pear Balsamic
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- Combine and simmer until sugar is melted and mixture coats the back of a spoon approx. 10 minutes. Set aside.
Ingredients for the Clafoutis batter:
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tbs. Vanilla
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 2/3 Cup Sifted all purpose flour
- Combine all in a blender and blend at the highest speed for 1 minute.
- Butter a glass pie plate liberally. Pour in ½ the batter, place pears with any liquid next and remaining batter on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour.
- The batter will be browned and puffy and when a skewer is inserted in the middle, will come out clean.
- Drizzle the top of the Clafoutis with a little more of the balsamic reduction and sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired. Serve warm.