Marinated Flank Steak
Yield: Serves 4. Flank steak is one of the more delicious cuts of meat. The Tunisian Harissa EVOO adds many layers of flavor, including cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, and hints of cinnamon and garlic, while the sweetness of the Felix Oliver’s Special Reserve Balsamic Vinegar allows the meat to caramelize around the edges.
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 2 Tbsps. whole-grain mustard
- ½ c. F. Oliver’s Aged Felix Oliver’s Special Reserve Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 c. F. Oliver’s Tunisian Harissa EVOO, plus more for grilling
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 3 lb. flank steak
- In a blender or food processor, combine the garlic, oregano, mustard, vinegar, and puree until the garlic is minced. With the machine on, gradually add the oil and blend until creamy.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper. Place meat to in a large ziplock bag, and pour all but ¼ c. of the vinaigrette over the top; turn the meat to coat. Refrigerate,turning periodically, for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Oil the grates of an indoor or outdoor grill. Remove the steak from the marinade, letting the excess drip off. Season with salt and pepper. grill the steak over moderate heat, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 125°F, about 10 to 12 minutes. transfer the steak to a carving board to rest for 5 minutes. thinly slice the meat against the grain, and serve.
F.Oliver’s Tip: Serve with grilled halved cherry tomatoes, sliced leeks, and bread with an extra drizzle of Tunisian Harissa EVOO for added heat.