Lightly Lacquered Chicken
- Cut chicken into thin 3 inch strips, pound lightly to uniform size and pat dry.
- In a bowl, mix balsamic vinegar, preserves, soy sauce and ginger. Blend well and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet. Add chicken and saute lightly on each side.
- Reduce heat to low and pour balsamic preserve sauce over chicken, coating evenly and simmering to blend flavors.
- Remove chicken to serving plate and garnish with confetti of fresh basil cut into fine strips (chiffonade).