Lemon and Ginger Green Beans
- 1 lb. fresh green beans
- 3 T F. Oliver’s Heady Garlic EVOO
- 1 T F. Oliver’s Lemon Bouquet Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 T peeled fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 T red onion, finely minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place green beans in boiling water, cooking until just tender crisp and bright green. Refresh in ice water, and set aside.
- In a small skillet heat 2 tablespoons of the EVOO over low flame. Add ginger and onion and cook very briefly until the onion in slightly soft. Do not let brown; simply let them mellow. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add remainder of EVOO and the Balsamic Vinegar. Whisk the mixture together. Pour the vinaigrette over green beans,and toss until coated.
- Season to taste and chill well.
This versatile vinaigrette tastes delicious with a variety of garden greens and vegetables as well as adding a fresh note to chicken salads and chilled cooked seafood.