Cherry Almond Compote
- 1 lb. Frozen Cherries, thawed
- 2 T Felix Oliver’s Special Reserve Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 T Amaretto Liqueur (or 1 tsp. Almond Extract)
- 1 pint Coffee Ice Cream
- Amaretti Cookies, for Garnish
- Combine cherries, sugar and balsamic vinegar in a sauce pan.
- Simmer over medium low heat until sugar dissolves and mixture thickens. If using the liqueur, add during the cooking time, continuing to simmer. If using almond extract, gently stir into the cherries after removing from heat.
- Allow to cool.
- Divide coffee ice cream into 4 bowls, top with compote, and garnish with crumbled amaretti cookies.