Black Trumpet Mushroom Pasta
- 16 oz. pasta
- 5 T EVOO
- 1 tsp. F. Oliver’s White Truffle Oil
- 1 large leek or two bunches scallions, sliced thinly
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh Black Trumpet Mushrooms
- 2 T Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare your favorite pasta to al dente.
- Clean Black Trumpet Mushrooms by carefully ripping open the trumpets to make sure any remaining bits of the forest are removed. Cut roughly into large shreds. (If using dried mushrooms, rehydrate by covering with hot water for 10 minutes). Roughly cut softened mushrooms, if needed. Retain 1 cup of liquid to add to sauce.
- Pour the EVOO into a sauté pan and heat over medium heat for about 30 seconds. Sauté the leeks for about 2 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms and sauté, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms are wilted and the liquid they have given off has evaporated. Add the Balsamic Vinegar, stir well, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sauce and mushrooms over cooked pasta. Drizzle with truffle oil. Serve with a fresh garnish.
F. Oliver’s Oil and Vinegar recommendations:
- White Truffle Oil
- Felix Oliver’s Special Reserve Balsamic Vinegar