Asparagus Salad with Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 c Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 T. EVOO
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1 T chopped fresh marjoram or 1 tsp. dried marjoram
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds asparagus, tough ends trimmed, cut on diagonal into 2-inch pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 c chopped pecans
- Simmer Balsamic Vinegar in heavy small saucepan over medium heat until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Pour Balsamic Vinegar into a large bowl. Whisk in EVOO, mustard, marjoram and garlic. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook asparagus in large pot of boiling water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Add asparagus and bell pepper to dressing; toss to blend well.
- Sprinkle with pecans and serve.
F. Oliver’s Oil and Vinegar recommendations: