Apricot Chicken with Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 T EVOO
- 2 pounds chicken breast tenderloins, cut into bite-size pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large onion, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 c Balsamic Vinegar, to taste
- 20 dried apricots
- 1 c chicken stock
- 1 c apricot preserves
- 1 T chopped fresh thyme
- 3 T chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- Heat the EVOO in a large skillet with a lid over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and cook until golden brown around the edges, but still pink in the center, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the onion, and cook for about 3 minutes more. Pour in the Balsamic Vinegar, bring it to a simmer, and allow it to reduce.
- Cut half of the apricots in half, leaving the others whole. Place the apricots into the skillet, and pour in the chicken stock.
- Bring to a simmer, then stir in the apricot preserves and thyme. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the apricots have softened, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley to serve.
F. Oliver’s Oil and Vinegar recommendations: