From Our Kitchen To Yours...
Apricot Chicken with Balsamic Vinegar
|2 pounds||chicken breast tenderloins, cut into bite-size pieces|
|salt and pepper, to taste|
|1||large onion, chopped (optional)|
|1/4 c||Balsamic Vinegar, to taste|
|1 c||chicken stock|
|1 c||apricot preserves|
|1 T||chopped fresh thyme|
|3 T||chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)|
- Heat the EVOO in a large skillet with a lid over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and cook until golden brown around the edges, but still pink in the center, about 5 minutes. Stir in the onion, and cook for about 3 minutes more. Pour in the Balsamic Vinegar, bring it to a simmer, and allow it to reduce.
- Cut half of the apricots in half, leaving the others whole. Place the apricots into the skillet, and pour in the chicken stock. Bring to a simmer, then stir in the apricot preserves and thyme. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the apricots have softened, 10 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley to serve.
F. Oliver’s Vinegar and Oil recommendations:
- Tuscan Garden EVOO
- Petit Beurre EVOO
- Royal Pomegrante Balsamic Vinegar
- Felix Oliver’s 18-Year-Old Balsamic Vinegar
- 12-Year-Old White Balsamic Vinegar
We're located at:
Canandaigua: 129 South Main Street // Canandaigua, NY 14424 // Call us at: 585.396.2585
Rochester: 747 Park Avenue // Rochester, NY 14607 // Call us at : 585.244.2585
Ithaca: 154 The Commons // Ithaca, NY 14850 // Call us at : 607.273.2585