Poached Egg and Asparagus Crostini
Any lover of eggs for breakfast, lunch, or dinner will find this perfect to get into the spirit of Spring! Our lovely single varietal extra virgin olive oils (SV EVOOs) are the perfect match to such a light and fresh recipe. Whether you prefer a buttery and mild Sevillano or a robust and peppery Hojiblanca, any of F. Oliver’s Single Varietal EVOO’s will work beautifully.Print Pin Rate
- 1 lb fresh asparagus stems trimmed
- 4 thick slices bread of choice
- 4 eggs
- F. Oliver’s Single Varietal EVOO
- F. Oliver’s Fleur de Sel
- F. Oliver’s Sunshine Seasoned Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bring 1-inch salted water to a boil in a large skillet for asparagus.
- Bring 3-inch water to a boil, reduce to simmer in a saucepan for the eggs.
- Toast bread in preheated oven for 5-8 minutes or until desired doneness.
- In the large skillet, add asparagus in one layer. Cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Drain, and transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Meanwhile, tip eggs into simmering water. Cook until desired doneness.
To assemble the crostini:
- Place toasts on plate and drizzle with Single Varietal Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Place a few asparagus spears on each toast followed by one poached egg.
- Finish with a drizzle of Single Varietal Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Fleur de Sel and Sunshine Seasoned Pepper.
- For an extra burst of flavor to compliment the asparagus, add a drizzle of Lemon Bouquet White Balsamic to the asparagus.