Five Spice Quinoa with Edamame
This flavorful grain salad is rich in pan-Asian flavors and healthy vegetable protein. Serve as a side or add additional protein to make it a main.Print Pin Rate
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 ½ tablespoons F. Oliver’s Ginger Spiked Blackberry Balsamic
- 1 teaspoon F. Oliver’s Roasted Dark Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoons F. Oliver's Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- ½ teaspoon F. Oliver’s Chinese Five Spice Powder
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup almonds, sliced
- ½ cup frozen edamame cooked to package directions
- pinch of salt
- Heat avocado oil in a medium saucepan. Add scallions, ginger and five spice powder and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the quinoa and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, balsamic, salt, and sesame oil and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand covered for 10 minutes or until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in almonds and edamame. You can serve immediately or chill overnight.