Chickpea Spinach Stew
- 4 Tbsp of F. Oliver’s Heady Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 5 cups veggie stock
- 2 large potatoes peeled and chopped into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsps tahini
- 1 10-oz bag spinach washed and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Cayenne pepper for garnish (optional)
- Heat 2 Tbsp Heady Garlic EVOO in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Add the garlic and onion and cook until golden brown.
- Stir in the cumin, coriander, veggie stock and potatoes. Bring to a low boil for about 10 minutes. Add in the chickpeas and simmer until potatoes and chickpeas are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Blend together cornstarch and tahini and add to the pot. Stir in spinach until limp; add salt and pepper to taste, and a sprinkle of Cayenne pepper if desired.
- Serve in soup bowls, finishing each serving with a drizzle of Heady Garlic EVOO.