Chickpea Spinach Stew
This savory stew hits all the right notes, warm, slightly spicy, filling, and vegan.Print Pin Rate
- 4 tablespoons F. Oliver’s Heady Garlic EVOO divided
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 5 cups veggie stock
- 2 large potatoes peeled and chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 10 ounce bag spinach washed and chopped
- salt and pepper
- cayenne pepper for garnish
- Heat 2 tablespoons F. Oliver's Heady Garlic EVOO in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Add the onion and cook until they begin to brown.
- Stir in the cumin, coriander, veggie stock, and potatoes. Bring to a low boil for about 10 minutes. Add in the chickpeas and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Blend together cornstarch and tahini and add to the pot. Stir in spinach and cook until limp, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in soup bowls, finishing each serving with a drizzle of Heady Garlic EVOO and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper, if desired.