Buttery Pound Cake with Balsamic
This "buttery" pound cake contains no butterPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 8 slices
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons F. Oliver’s Sweet Spiced Sugar Spice Blend
- 2/3 cup F. Oliver’s Petit Beurre EVOO
- drizzle F. Oliver’s Dark Chocolate Balsamic
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spice blend. In a small bowl mix together the buttermilk and vanilla.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the eggs and granulated sugar at high speed until fluffy and pale, about 5 minutes. Lower the speed to medium-high, drizzle in EVOO, beating until the oil is incorporated. Reduce mixer speed to low. Add half the flour mixture first, the buttermilk second, and then the remaining flour mixture, mixing each one until just incorporated before adding the next.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 20 minutes then remove pan side and let cool completely.
- Serve with a drizzle of balsamic. Add fresh fruit, whipped cream, or both, if desired.