Buttery Pound Cake with Balsamic
- 2 cup flour
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons F. Oliver’s Sweet Spiced Sugar Spice Blend
- ⅔ cup F. Oliver’s Petit Beurre Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- F. Oliver’s Dark Chocolate Balsamic
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch spring form pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spice blend. In a small bowl mix together the buttermilk and vanilla.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the eggs and granulated sugar at high speed until fluffy and pale, about 5 minutes. Lower the speed to medium-high; drizzle in EVOO, beating until the oil is incorporated. Reduce mixer speed to low. Add half the flour mixture first, the buttermilk second and the remaining flour mixture third mixing each one until just incorporated before adding the next.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 20 minutes then remove pan side and let cool completely.
- Serve with a drizzle of balsamic (and fresh fruit and whipped cream, if desired).