As the weather heats ups and our farm stands and markets begin to overflow with fresh fruit and veg, cool down with this wonderfully seasonal salad.
Jon's Blueberry Cucumber Pasta Salad
This cool summer salad is easy to make, tastes fresh and flavorful, and keeps well - it's perfect for summer picnics!
- 1 pound. Flour City Fresh Cucumber Gnocchetti or any short cut pasta, cooked al dente (about 5-7 minutes)
- 3 cucumbers, peeled, halved, seeded, and sliced
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil (F. Oliver’s Meyer Lemon, Garden Fresh Gremolata, or medium single varietal EVOO)
- ¼ cup white balsamic (F. Oliver's Lemon Bouquet, Aromatic Oregano, or Classic White Balsamic)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2-3 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- Combine cooled pasta with the fresh ingredients. Mix the dressing, toss with the salad, add salt and pepper to taste. Serve cold or at room temperature.